Friday, January 20, 2006

I Hate Being Sick - Friday's Download

I am ill.

Physically. Mentally...well, I cannae remember a time when I WASN'T mentally ill. And I do believe my wife can confirm that.

The DayQuil is kicking in and making things go all fucking pear-shaped. Any comments I post today should be interesting.

Here's a brilliant, obscure song for you - 2m4s of psych-pop genius. Click the title to go to the download page.

The House of Love - Plastic

It feels like summer
Gosh my skin's so itchy
Not a feature on my face
Just a piece of yellow plastic
I never thought I'd sink so low
So slow...

Morning's always weak
God, it's hopeless when I'm talking
I'm lonely in the field
Just a baby treading water
It's red and dark
And God is my friend....
The end...the end...

Stumble on the dress
She's screaming that she loves me
It's not the way to give
It's the cruelest way to lie
I got myself a gun today
Hey hey.

15 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dayqil? That's LSD in an over-the-counter bottle. Honey, just swallow enough, put on some tunes and lay back.

Are you trying to get out of the sing-a-long contest?

 
At 1/20/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

I too have the flu. Achy, achy, feverish and crazy.

And I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure they've changed the formula for dayquil. It doesn't work like it used to last time I took it -- about three years ago. Tylenol Sinus, however, is the bomb.

 
At 1/20/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Smartypants said...

My brother has been down with a rather explosive case of food poisoning. It's not good when it comes out both ends.

 
At 1/20/2006 3:18 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Yeah, but puke is so much easier to clean up than shit. Food poisoning shit is like nuclear waste and mercury mixed together. Sometimes, I just eat too much. Or say too much.

 
At 1/20/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Smartypants said...

Chuckles, I just checked out your blog and that's some heavy shit.

Get better all you sad sickies. It's no fun being sick. = (

 
At 1/21/2006 5:42 AM, Blogger fatrobot said...

vitamin booze

 
At 1/21/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

YES!!!

 
At 1/22/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

A smartypants and genius ought to get along well...

What's your sign, baby?

 
At 1/22/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Chuckles you are too fresh.

*cough, cough*. Arghh...I ache. Still!!!

 
At 1/22/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

teh - so am i. 5 days with a fever, no joke...

 
At 1/22/2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Smartypants said...

Teh and PR, you guys are worrying me. PR, if you still have a fever tomorrow, IV fluids might do the trick for you. Teh, are you feverish still?

Call me Florence (Freakin') Nightengale. ;)

Chuckles, are you asking my sign? (It's aquarius. Of course.)

 
At 1/22/2006 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what?3F

 
At 1/24/2006 4:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chuckles, you cheating bitch!

 
At 1/24/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Now there's the response Iwas expecting...

Now now, babydoll, you know I lurve you, AG. I would never cheat on you, baby, never never.

*Smartyhotpants, call me later*

 
At 1/27/2006 4:20 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

my sign is red, and octagonal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home