Thursday, December 22, 2005

One Of Those Strange Moments

So, it's a Sunday a few weeks back. I am doing my usual Sunday ritual: fending off sobriety with incredible panache and effectiveness. Sitting on the futon in the front room, I am drinking vodka & coke and watching a football game (GO COWBOYS!!) and enjoying some ganja when I get that feeling...

You know that feeling.

That feeling that either someone is watching you, or when you get that weird compulsion to look in a certain direction. Sometimes a combo of both.

This was both.


I turn and see my kitten Hazy Monday sitting at the other end of the futon. Not laying down or propped up on his front paws, like cats do - I mean REALLY FUCKING SITTING THERE. Chilling with me. Watching the game. He turned his head and we sat there staring at each other.

So, naturally, I did what anyone else would have done in the situation: I asked him in a confused tone, "Ummmm....Hazy? What are you doing?"


He merely put his paws in his lap and LOOKED at me. Looked at me like I was fucking stupid for even asking. The look that said "What the fuck do you THINK I'm doing? The same goddamn thing as you, watching yer fucking Cowboys have to come back in the 4th Quarter AGAIN."

I turned back to the game and packed another bowl.

14 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, I partake of raw weiners all the time, and look how healthy I am!

 
At 12/22/2005 1:17 PM, Blogger fatrobot said...

cats are odd
i have 3

 
At 12/22/2005 2:56 PM, Blogger Elmo said...

Hell ya! GO COWBOYS!!!!! Too bad our offensive line has gone to crap. Oh well, like you said, load another bowl!

 
At 12/22/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

Cat's ARE weird, but they mix a mean vodka and coke.

 
At 12/22/2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I don't get along with a lot of cats. Being a Leo, it turns into a whole turf war/breeding rights thing.

 
At 12/22/2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

That's pretty badass, tho.

 
At 12/22/2005 8:16 PM, Blogger Kevin W. Baker said...

One day when my boyfriend was out of town visiting family, I woke up and rolled over, and what should I see as I first open my eyes, but my cat, laying on her back, with her head on the pillow, like a freaking person. They'e such freaks.

 
At 12/23/2005 6:02 AM, Blogger Kevin W. Baker said...

Isn't that fun, how they're like "aww, I wuv u so much I'm gonna put my little kitty asshole right up by your face!" Gross.

 
At 12/23/2005 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you not even offer offer him a drink?

 
At 12/23/2005 6:34 AM, Blogger lilmammal said...

He owns that futon!

 
At 12/23/2005 6:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is why I have never owned a pet. It's too risky for me.

 
At 12/24/2005 11:19 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I love when animals do unexpected things. We have dogs, and their little surprises are always fun.

 
At 12/24/2005 6:56 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

fun, yeah. Too frequesntly slippery, though.

slippers are a neccesity.

 
At 12/27/2005 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that you had your camera at the ready. Kitties are the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home