Friday, December 16, 2005

MOVE OVER, STEEL RESERVE!!!!



Holy CRAP. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a challenger.

This, my friends, is Hurricane High Gravity. I had never seen this til recently, when one of our locals started carrying it. For $1.25 and 8.1% alcohol, I figured I should see how it stacked up to 211, the mighty Steel Reserve.

The first thing is that you can actually drink the stuff - it doesn't taste bad, really, at all. Not great, but I've had FAR worse. Like 211. There is something about Steel Reserve (I think it's the crack they put in it) that takes a good 4-5 sips before you acclamate to the turpentine-y-ness of it.

But the real payoff is the drunk - one of those bottle-of-Thunderbird, dear-god-what-the-FUCK-did-I-DO-last-night kinda drunks. Thankfully I'm a particularly happy drunk who only gets told stories of how I did something like start talking like a pirate (which is odd, cos I couldn't talk like a pirate if my life depended on it while I'm sober).

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

6 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 8:03 AM, Blogger Nölff said...

I havent had that yet. Steel reserves gives a good bang for the buck.

 
At 12/16/2005 8:16 AM, Blogger fatrobot said...

if you can find some belgian beer, it is often 8-10% and is the tasties liquid on this planet
made by monks usually, centuries old recipes
awesome stuff

 
At 12/16/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

i really like the belgian stuff. high octane, but really tasty. some of them are an acquired taste but the payoff is huge, like delirium tremens - a rather unusual taste at first but, if memory serves me correct, that shit is over 10%.

 
At 12/16/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger fatrobot said...

yeah good stuff

 
At 12/16/2005 11:45 AM, Blogger lilmammal said...

Ahhh pirate juice.

 
At 12/19/2005 8:38 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

Oh, your liver called. Something about a vacation, it left a number...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home