Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks

Since I will be cooking and getting drunk tomorrow, here are people and things I am thankful for, in no particular order -

My beautiful wife: you were dumb enough to say ‘yes’, now you’re stuck with me. And I couldn’t be any happier.

Isabella, Matchstick, and Hazy Monday:
better cats a person just couldn’t have. I don’t know what I’d do without you three.


My new in-laws: thank you SO FUCKING MUCH for not being psychos and loving to party as much as I do. And thank you for your daughter's hand.

My band members: you’ve made singing all these songs about shite relationships very bearable, and I look forward to yet another year of Hope Chest (14 years and running!).

The Ambient Mafia: what a DJ crew. Hedonists, every single one, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Even shit gigs are fun. Can’t wait for next summer’s campout party.

Pinko Punko: actually had me write my first blog post ever, so you can all blame him. His enthusiasm is often infectious, and let’s face it – we’d much rather it be his enthusiasm and not, say, herpes.

3Bulls!: a deranged, anarchist Sadly, No! and all the better for it. SO many good people all the time, it’s always the gift that keeps on giving. Crazier parties than 3Bulls! parties have never happened.

teh l4m3: what a great sparring partner. Our little corner of the blogosphere’s gay version of Marian the Librarian. Apparently with the same yellow dress, too. Just when you think he’s all crotch photos, he busts out a post you can’t understand.

Fatrobot: not only are posts chock-full of wonderfully useless information (read: what my head is filled with), I have found many cool people through his blog (indygirl, smartypants, nolff, elmo). Plus he gives you music every day.

AmericaBlog: I check this site, like, 20 times a day. Aravosis is an orchid-lovin’ pimp.

Rude Pundit: what can I say? This fucking guy is the fucking shit.

My great neighbors: surrounded by 'em. Fantastic drinking buddies and they watch our cats - it doesn't get any better.

Irish whiskey and Scotch: blend, blend, go away. Single malt til I die, bitches.

Audrey Hepburn: always makes a sad, blah day okay somehow. Just need a blanket and one of her movies.

60s/70s pop: I’d probably kill myself without it.

Lighters: best invention EVER.

Water pipes: 2nd best invention EVER.

Soyrizo: thank you for making this vegetarian Mexican’s life complete.

Gardening: my other therapy besides music.

Biographies: I devour these like a stoner devours m&m's, especially music ones. Nothing more interesting than true life stories (my own excepted).


I truly hope you have a great Thanksgiving, whoever and wherever you are. Be safe and happy.

7 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger fatrobot said...

quite welcome that i can help you waste your time
i like to bring everyone down with me


that kinda sounded dirty

 
At 11/23/2005 7:33 PM, Blogger Smartypants said...

Awww! What a sweetie you are!

Have a great thanksgiving PR!

 
At 11/24/2005 12:20 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

'shaky' is gonna be right after 'moon' (about keith, natch). not a fan of neil young but will read the hell out of that bio - it's supposed to be ace. thanks gregor!

 
At 11/24/2005 2:27 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Prevaricator! You were getting drunk when you wrote this! ADMIT IT!!!

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day!

 
At 11/28/2005 6:49 AM, Blogger lilmammal said...

Hope your holiday was fantastic!

 
At 11/30/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

PR: I totally hooked you up with music at The Running of The Bulls 2005" and no love?!

We are RoD heart you and we don't say horrible things about Mexican kids. Just UC and Canada. (Just to get his little temper raging).

 
At 12/01/2005 6:17 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

ahhh, ag - i shoulda made it clear that i consider you one of the bulls (does that actually make you a cow?).

plus, i love you SO MUCH MORE than those boys, well...they just would've been jealous. and you know how boys get when they're jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home