Friday, November 18, 2005

Imagine All The Beatles Living Life In Peace

This should be incredibly interesting. Lennon was notoriously full of bile and this, coming right after the split, should be utterly fascinating. I'd feel sorry for ol' Paul if he weren't rich as fucking Cresus and was doing Pizza Hut commercials.

I've always been a big Beatles fan but George was always my favorite, especially after seeing "A Hard Day's Night" where he utters one of the funniest lines ever: "She's a drag, a well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things."



"The only thing you've done was 'Yesterday', and since you've gone it's just another day."

4 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 9:13 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

See, whenever this discussion came up (usually among drunken friends), I would always take Yoko's (and I was sure by extension, John's) side, and was told I "didn't understand," "It's only because you're gay" -- definitely throwing the whole misogyny thing into bitter relief.

Who knew it wasn't because I was queer, but because I was fucking right? Ha!

PS: Can we forget Pete Best? Yes? OK, fine...

PPS: "earymebp"?

 
At 11/21/2005 6:10 AM, Blogger Smartypants said...

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out George Harrison had died.

 
At 11/21/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

OH, word verification at Freedom Camp.

Yes, I'm quick and astute.

 
At 11/21/2005 12:07 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

i was wondering how long it would take... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home