Thursday, October 13, 2005

I MUST Cancel My Cable...

So, I've come to the sobering realisation that I am paying almost $50 a month for cable to watch 2 stations. TWO FUCKING STATIONS. Those would be Court TV and A&E, and I only watch them at night for those forensic shows (though, it must be said, I really can't stand the psychic ones). Our station selection is shite - we don't get Turner Classic Movies (the only reason I ever subscribed to cable in the first place), we don't get BBC, and it's not digital so some stations look like someone should be doing ballerina poses while adjusting the rabbit ears.

So I pay the equivalent of 2 bottles of Jameson's a month to watch shows about people who met violent deaths. Jesus, that just ain't right.


UPDATE: I feel it should be noted that A&E does show some good dead people shows, but they also show a 1.5 hour movie with 1.5 hours of commercials. So fuck them. Anyone who remembers what A&E used to be like extends a middle finger right along with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home