Thursday, October 27, 2005

Random Things I Like

With Harriet gone for good, I felt like expanding on the warm, fuzzy feeling currently surging through my being (save my loins - Harriet and I aren't like that). Here are some things that make me happy:

1. Lemonade. And you know what? Paul Newman makes some BAD ASS lemonade.

2. Fabric Softener. Not dryer sheets, the liquid of love. "Liquid of love?!" you say? Think about it: yer clothes smell that good cos someone waited til in between cycles and, at just the right time, put in the elixir of the cotton gods to make sure your clothes were as soft and fresh-smelling as possible. See? The liquid of love.

3. The Millenium - "Begin" LP. I only found this album from 1968 a year or 2 ago as a download, but the affect it's had on me is HUGE and has introduced me to at least 5 other great bands.

4. Vegetarian Chicken & Dumplings Soup. My own recipe, I am soooooooo fucking stoked that the cold weather is here: house pants, big sweatshirts, grey days spent on the couch eating soup and watching old movies.

5. Jameson's Irish Whiskey. Must...stop...drooling...

6. Audrey Hepburn. Even the mere mention of her name gets me giddy as a schoolgirl on prom night. Not the start of my short hair fetish - that would be Dorothy Hamill - but certainly the one that cemented it. Watch "Roman Holiday" and try not to fall in love. It's impossible.

7. Cats. It's kind of lame, but if I spend more than 2 days away from home I start getting very antsy and pissy and need to get home to see the cats. I love my cats more than I love myself, and I fucking LOVE myself. I'm such a catch. Really.

8. Reese's Sticks. Sorry Kit Kat - we've had some great times, but the Sticks...man, the Sticks just SPEAK to me. We'll always have the childhood Halloweens...

9. Badges From Bands. Seriously, I will probably be 60 with an Aztec Camera badge on my jacket.

10. CA Prop 215. 'Nuff said.

4 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you pain me with your beautiful existence! i like every single thing on your list! except for the veggie soup, because i've obviously not tasted yours.

congratulations on getting married and your lovely cats and the fact that like shoegaze... we could be best friends.

 
At 10/27/2005 2:32 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

By harriet, I guess you mean Miers. What a joke she was.

What is prop 215?

 
At 10/27/2005 2:48 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

ahhh, gigi - you can be my online crush. i'm sure my wife will approve.

chuckles, prop 215 made medicinal marijuana legal in the state. as a 21-year smoker (started at age 12) and someone who, after a couple of years ago, needs the medicinal benefits, i couldn't be happier over its long-overdue decriminalisation.

 
At 10/28/2005 11:54 AM, Blogger lilmammal said...

I want that recipe. Is that a possibility?

p.s. I will turn Gigi into a vegetarian too before I am done with her. I feel kin to other whiskey drinkin, shoegaze listenin, Audrey likin, liquid lovers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home