Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Belle & Sebastian

...was a fucking BLAST. Great set-list tonight ("Dog on Wheels"!) and the band was in stunning form; even the most fey songs had some serious ooomph behind them. Fulsome, Fulsome's wonderful lady, myself, The Old Lady, my guitarist Paul and his girl all shimmied our way through the evening quite happily. There were, oh I don't know, about 174 comments between Fulsome, Paul and I that all went along the lines of "can you believe this is Belle & Sebastian?!" or "holy SHIT - they are rocking OUT!".

Note To Self: Flask, you bastard. Get a fucking flask.

Observations:

* Fulsome is about 6 foot 14 inches tall. I used to think he was taller.
* The Hotel Utah is one dusty freakin' bar.
* Paul is my oldest friend.
* It makes more sense to roll a blunt than to roll 3-4 joints.
* I like concert shirts.
* I am happy being an alcoholic, and, thankfully, am a very happy drunk.
* The Sisters of Mercy is gonna be a weird gear shift from tonight. Heh.

5 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I throwing up a Sisters vid no for you cobag!

 
At 3/22/2006 7:07 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Anywhoo...is the Hotel Utah the one with the really awesome bar? The detailing on that place is classic.

 
At 3/22/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Ahhh... B & S... So jealous.

Mmm... Stuart... Mmmm... Mick!

 
At 3/22/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Smartypants said...

I'm jealous! = )

 
At 3/22/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

Chuckles: yea, that place.

Pop: I had a blast. The sad point was leaving the show and realizing it was Tuesday.

See ya tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home